What are the medical certificate requirements for employer groups?
Upon joining the Medical Aid Fund, it will not be necessary for a new employer group to submit medical certificates for any of its employees, provided that all employees join the Fund within 3-months after becoming eligible for such membership.
- In respect of existing employer groups it is not required to submit a medical certificate when joining a new employee, provided that such employee joins the Fund within 3-months after becoming eligible for such membership
- All of the members details and the declaration of health, contained in the membership application form must be completed in full by each employee and all material or relevant information should be disclosed upfront
- The Fund reserves the right to return any incomplete membership application forms and request that it be completed correctly before the employee is accepted onto the Fund
- In order to manage the Fund’s risk and to enforce the request for full disclosure, the administrator will continue to monitor new members after they have joined and manage potential cases of non-disclosure for possible exclusions
- The submission of a medical certificate will be made compulsory in the event of an employee not having exercised his right to become a member of the Fund within 3-months after becoming eligible for membership. In the event of an employee deciding to join at a later stage, a clear case for potential anti-selection can be made and as such the Fund reserves the right to impose exclusions in respect of any pre-existing conditions identified at that stage
- The submission of a medical certificate will be made compulsory in the event of a member not having registered all his/her dependants within 3-months after becoming eligible for membership of the Fund. The Fund reserves the right to impose exclusions in respect of any pre-existing conditions identified at that stage
- A medical certificate will be compulsory for any member wishing to enroll their aged parents as special dependants onto the Fund either immediately upon joining the Fund or at a later stage.