Can I register an adult as a dependent?

Adults may be registered as dependents of a principal member upon the following conditions:

  • The spouse of the principal member provided that he/she are not a member or entitled to membership of another medical aid fund.
  • A common-law spouse or same sex partner who has been living with the principal member as a couple continuously for 12-months subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees and an annual review. A declaration under oath is applicable.